Wednesday 17 October 2012

BBC2 Handmade Revolution.....at last its aired

At last - I can talk and write about it as the show went on air on BBC2 at 3.45pm this afternoon.

Firstly, I must say a big thank you to Paul Martin and the judges at the show, especially Mary Jane for making me feel so at ease when being interviewed, you don't realise just how nerve racking it is being interviewed for TV, especially when the Amberley Museum train goes past and toots to say hello and you have to repeat bits to be recorded again.

The crew worked very hard and you can probably tell from my interview that we laughed a lot. Knowing what went into the filming and recording, they have done a wonderful job to make the programme look smooth and seamless.

I also must also say a big thank you to Jessamy and the team who kindly looked after us during the 2 days of filming and kept us fed and watered throughout the day.

Lastly, a big thank you to all the other talented crafters that Malcolm and I met at Amberley, many of whom we are still in contact with and, congratulations to Sue who won the show today. (I would also like to thank Sue for inviting me to join the Maidstone Visual Arts Network).

And now onto my primitive folk art elephant who was the real  TV star.

What can I say other than here is another photo of her. If you would like more information on my elephants or wish to see any of my other work, please don't hesitate to contact me at  ellen.johns@blueyonder.co.uk



No comments:

Post a Comment